At Annie Lane, we want you to experience the maximum enjoyment and pleasure from our candles. We take great pride in making them using only the finest quality ingredients and materials. However, it's very important that you burn candles responsibly to ensure their safe use. Please follow these guidelines:
All Candle Sizes
- Remove all packaging before you light the candle.
- Always use an appropriate holder placed on a protected, heat-resistant surface.
- Keep wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches or any foreign matter - this is combustible material and may cause a fire hazard.
- Burn candles indoors, away from drafts, other heat sources, and any flammable objects or materials.
- If smoking occurs, safely extinguish the candle with a Candle Snuffer, trim wick, remove trimmings and relight.
- Keep burning candles within sight at all times.
- Do not move candles while they are lit.
- Handle with care; containers are fragile. Do not use if cracked, chipped or scratched. Do not refill with wax.
- Do not allow the flame to touch the side of the container. The container may become hot. Handle carefully.
- To minimise wax left on the sides of the container, burn 2-4 hours at a time; it is normal for some wax to be left, the amount varying per colour, fragrance and burning conditions.
- Extinguish carefully.
Candles are sensitive to light and temperature, so be careful when storing them for any extended period of time. Avoid colour fading, melting or cracking by storing candles in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight or fluorescent light. Storage temperature should not be allowed to exceed 27°C or fall below 0°C. Exposure to moisture may inhibit relighting.
Should the mouth of a container become blackened while burning simply extinguish the candle, allow to cool and carefully wipe the jar with a dry paper towel. To avoid such blackening keep the wick trimmed to 1/4" at all times.
Cleaning Spilled Wax from Tabletops, Fabrics, Etc.
We strongly suggest you seek professional advice from cleaning experts such as carpet cleaners or furniture refinishers.
Each 30cl candle burns for approximately 40 hours in total. Each 50cl candle burns for approximately 50 hours in total. Candles should only burn 2-4 hours at any time.